John Rumm

Default sink waste washing machine adaptor

Ben Da Menda wrote:

Has anyone had any experiences of washing machine adaptors for kitchen
sinks? Seems like a bad idea to me! I feel sure I nshould fit a completely
seperate washing machine waste stand pipe. Any comments appreciated.

My personal preference is to fit a dedicated stand pipe, even if it
ultimately enteres the same outflow pipe as the sink etc. However I have
used the adaptors in the past and can report that as long as you fit
them after the sink trap they seem to work ok. (my mum had one that
fitted into the sink trap once - but above the water trap. The result
was lots of noise from the plug hole every time the machine emptied!)

--
Cheers,

John.