mm

Default Texas Pastor Electrocuted During Baptism

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:29:38 GMT, PaPaPeng wrote:

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:05:41 -0600, wrote:

WACO, Texas (AP) -- A pastor performing a baptism was electrocuted
inside his church Sunday morning after adjusting a nearby microphone
while standing in water, a church employee said.

Doesn't sound right. The juice to drive a microphone is in the low DC
voltage value and runs on milliamps. Its even weaker than the current
that drives the big speakers. Water or no water I have never come
across anyone being zapped by a frayed microphone wire let alone
suffer injury by one.

When I was about 12, in 1959, I think I was trying to get more sound
from a crystal radio. Or maybe more frequencies. This would only
pick up one station. Or maybe I was just trying to improve the tv
picture, but I connected something to the tv antenna, and another wire
from the same thing to the metal grill of a heating vent. I got
quite a shock.

Everything I've learned since then says that the potential on a tv
antenna ought to be minuscule, picovolts or something, but it sure
zapped me.

We also had a table radio which we set on a small metal table. There
may have been a chip in the case at the rear of the radio, and when
the radio moved to the side and one leg went off the table, the metal
chassis touched the metal shelf, and when I touched the decorative
metal cap of the leg that extended above the top shelf, I got a little
electric buzz. There were no polarized plugs then, and it was also
fine to have the metal chassis of a radio completely uncovered on the
bottom. Even then it shouldn't have given a shock, but maybe a
condensor between the cord and the chassis had shorted. ??? Or
transmitted enough to give me that buzz.

BTW, if I understand correctly, I was electrocuted on both those
occasions, even if I wasn't killed.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.