Pete C.

Default Backfeed generator through dryer outlet?

wrote:

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:08:13 -0500, "Solar Flare"
wrote:

Yeah, I couldn't find it in our code right now if my life depended on it but I
doubt you would be allowed to switch a neutral on an independant device.

The short answer is if the generator has the neutral bonded to the
frame (equipment ground) the transfer equipment will have to switch
the neutral. You can't have 2 bonding jumpers in one system, switching
the neutral isolates one of them.

Look at "separately derived systems" in the NEC art 250

Yes, but that's not relevant to the apparent situation. Essentially he
has portions of a single circuit switched by what is effectively two
separate transfer switches that are supposed to operate in parallel
(neutral on one transfer switch and two hots on another transfer
switch).

Pete C.