PaPaPeng

Default Refrigerator not cold enough

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 08:47:35 -0600, "Greg" wrote:

We just moved. The fridge doesn't seem to be as cold as before. The freezer
is fine. It was dropped or jarred during the move. Any particular settings
need to be done right after it has been turned back on? Does the freezer
need to be set on low while the fridge is on high? Or vice-versa?

This "not cold enough thingy" happens two to three times a year to my
fridge. It is because of condensation ice buildup inside the cold
air transfer duct from the freezer compartment to the main fridge
compartment. Put your hand infront of the duct outlet when the fan is
running. If there is no blockage you should be able to feel cold air
blowing into the main fridge compartment.

The transfer duct runs inside the insulated back part of the fridge.
Therefore an ordinary defrost cycle doesn't quite clear the ice
blockage. What I do is to put my food into an icebox and clear the
fridge. I use this opportunity to scrub and clean the fridge
thoroughly. Leave the fridge doors open overnight and with its power
off. It will be long and warm enough to clear the blockage.