W. Wells

Default Buy Good Old Equipment rather than new cheap.

I have been in the furniture mfg. business for 35 years and my advise to
anyone who does much woodworking is buy good old equipment rather than the
new cheap stuff from China. Most of the new stuff is disposable and never
gives you good service compared to the old American made equipment.
Woodworking equipment is very inexpensive right now due to so many American
companies going out of business. You can find good 220 equipment in medium
weight sizes. A good measure to the quality is how much it weighs.