The Natural Philosopher

Default Cutting Travertine Tiles

Cicero wrote:

"Andy" wrote in message
. ..

Hi,

I need to cut some circular holes in some travertine floor tiles to
accommodate some floor lights which are about 5cm diameter.

Any suggestions for the best tool to cut a good circular hole??

Andy

You could try a tile cutting jigsaw blade - available from Wickes. It works
very well with ordinary wall tiles with no edge cleaning required
afterwards.

Cic.

Yerrs...I was thinking abrafile..but this is better..need a diamond
ideally ..and you SHOULD be able to rwap emery paper around a bit of
pipe and get the final finish pretty good, but it takes a lot of tume to
sand marble...