Norma

Default Replacing Fuses with MCBs

On 1 Nov 2005 00:04:02 -0800, "
wrote:

Apologies for the lack of specifics here; I'm just at the stage of
finding out if this is feasible or not.

Currenly we have a traditional fusebox (fuses with fuse wire in ceramic
cylinder) installed and I wonder if it is possible to replace these
hoders with the circuit breaker type where a button pops out? Obviously
these things would have to be the same size and have the same fiitings.
Has anyone done this successfully or would I need a new fuse box?

My reason for asking is that every time one of the bulbs goes in my
kitchen light it takes out the fuse on the lighting circuit with it and
out go the downstairs lights. I'm getting a bit fed up of rewiring the
fuse.

Thanks

Tony

Tried from from Screwfix. Works fine but fuse box cover will not fit
-- MCB too proud.