Default Replacing Fuses with MCBs

wrote:

MCBs are prone to nuisance trips, fuses rarely are. If your fuse is
popping when the bulb goes, something isnt right.

Any idea what might be going on? I reckon I'm not getting the lifetime
that I should be out of the bulbs in the fitting.

If you fit an mcb you will have more nuisance trips, not less.

I was think of something that was easier to reset when the fuse did
blow.

If youre using improperly ballotini fused bulbs and cant get decent
ones, a simple workaround is to put those lights on their own 3A fuse,
or better an mcb, between light fitting and CU. The 3A fuse is easily
replaced, or the mcb switched back on. Makes me wonder what kind of
bulbs youre using though.

It's the ceiling light in the kitchen. I've had two fittings; both
contained multiple spot bulbs. The older fitting held the screw-in
reflector type, the newer one holds four of the small spots that are
more popular now. With each fitting one of the bulbs would blow when
the light switched on and take the fuse with it.

Tony