Rob

Default What's the most interesting woods to look at in a fireplace?

dean wrote:
Meaning, either crackly, or different flame colors, or (i've seen at
some point) very bright white embers burning in the draft.

Hmmm, that is an interesting question. I have found a few that were
interesting, although maybe not the best wood to burn. Sasafras tends to
pop and sort of mini-explode sending small pieces of hot embers across
the room. It is lively and can be loud, but it could be a fire hazard I
would guess. Wild Cherry tends to sparkle a lot, almost like a 4th of
July sparkler when the fire is adjusted or moved with the poker.

A well dried oak (I burn white oak most often) can create a very hot
fire with a lot of blue in the flame.

Rob
NE PA USA