Todd H.

Default Is my house at danger?

writes:
That depends ENTIRELY on the contract you agree to with them.
And they are paid 'from the sale', not ' by the seller'. No sale, no
comish. SO yeh, they have an interest in closing the deal, which is
at odds with yours.

Whose side of the closing sheet does that commission come off of? In
both states I've done real estate transaction in at least, it's been
off the seller's side of the closing sheet. So while the seller isn't
cutting them a check and handing it to them, they are paying that
buyer's broker commission.

But, I agree it's a minor point on top of the "from the sale" origin
of the funding. The point remains simply that buyer's agency is
really quite a misnomer, and you shouldn't trust your buyer's agent
any farther than you can throw them. The quicker they get you to sign
and close, the more $ they make for their time. Aside from the
likelihood of repeat business and referrals from you, there isn't any
incentive for them to steer you away from any listed property.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/