Rich256

Default Gutter covers - yes or no?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Rich256 wrote:
My son in law put these on. I really don't need gutters except to keep

from
cutting a line in the ground, but am considering doing the same. You

have
to put in some sort of diverter if you have gutters over your doors.

http://www.rainhandler.com/

1. These look like they'd get wet-plastered with leaves, muck, and
debris just like anything else.

2. All that water from your roof is getting dumped fairly close to
your foundation. It may cause you to need a plastic-lined(on bottom)
gravel bed with a perforated drainage line (in the center) to carry
water away to a safe area.

I don't think he has had any problems of anything sticking up there. If
there are foundation problems requiring getting the water far away they
would not be practical. And they are not cheap.

It sprays the water out away from the house. The grid is wide open. I
think if leaves happen to land on them you can blow them off. They are just
little scoops that direct the water outwards and works pretty much as they
show:.

http://www.rainhandler.com/animation.htm