Jason D.

Default Sony STR-DB930 in Protect mode

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:15:39 -0500, Andy Cuffe
wrote:

On 1 Nov 2005 08:14:11 -0800, wrote:

Thank you all so much for the excellent information.

them and cleaned all the ones on th main PCB. I re-checked resistance
to ground from all those points again and got a consistent 0.3 to 0.4
ohms (not accounting for test cable loss).

I plugged the unit back in and voila, no more "PROTECT" fault. My jaw
was agape! I was thinking I needed to go out and buy a Powerball
ticket. This NEVER happens. I was convinced that one of the output
transistors had failed but lo, twas no more than a poor ground.
Amazing.

I'll go back and put a heat sink onthe upc2581. This receiver runs
fairly warm generally and that is good counsel.

If you heat sink the IC, be sure to use an insulator between the IC
and heat sink. There's B+ on the IC case.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

My coworker was agorizing over the JVC or it was Pioneer amp and the
rear ports board, this one stands up MUST be connected to chassis
ground or it just sit and sulk. Gave him headaches of wasted hours.
I wasn't impressed with this type of design that bite you.

Second WARNING about JVC projector DVI/HDMI ports. ALWAYS unplug and
leave plug loose BEFORE pulling those back cover or DVI or HDMI port
panel off. There is now another design on JVC DLP units (HD-xxxxxx),
the digital board have light sensor that is covered when rear panel or
back cover is installed. If one have to do repairs on it with cover
off and powered, take a black tape and tape over this sensor.

Cheers, Wizard