Greg G.

Default Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer - refurb - (LONG)

Wilson said:

I think a valuable lesson here is to check out machines before taking them
home. I see new Uni's at the local WW shop for about $1400, so the savings
don't seem all that great on th erefurb??

Left tilt, 52" Bies fence, outboard table, two iron extension wings?
For $1400? There isn't that much competition down here...

As for checking it out, I asked to, but they were in a hurry to go.
They quit at 5:00pm and it was 4:00pm. Complained about having to
unstack units with a fork lift, yadda, yadda...

Actually, the lesson (for me) is to ignore their whining and do it
anyway.

I bought my big planer from an outfit in Charlotte, NC which has their
Taiwan stuff made to order, with personal involvement of the Leneave family.

I wanted to buy an American product. Even if only parts of it are.

Thanks,

Greg G.