Andy

Default PENDULUM CRADLE

Joat,

Oh, I'm mentally disturbed, big time. I've inhaled too much sawdust.

Thanks for the feedback. I was hoping you had seen some on the net, I
haven't.

I thought of the double wide, and double length and even stacked pendulum.
All have drawbacks including how short a time they are used. Maybe a cradle
that becomes a toybox?

I'll think of something.

Keep up posting links to the wreck. I have a lot of fun wandering around
where you point.

Andy

"J T" wrote in message
For some strange reason, I receved an e-mail requesting cradle
information. I would have thought my views on cradles would have scared
anyone off, but either he is a brave soul, or mentally disturbed.

I did reply politely tho. I.e., I didn't e-mail him back, but am
replying here. LMAO

Actually, I prefer questions and responses here, because then
everyone can benefit from a response, rather than justone.

Anyway, I was asked if I'd ever seen plans for a cradle for twins,
or more. Not that I can recall. But, now, thinking about it, I do get
a vague picture in my mind of having seen a double-wide cradle,
somewhere, sometime. I don't know if I actually ever saw that, or it's
just a vision. And, no, I don't smoke, drink, sniff, or whaever, any
strange substances. My mental status is all natural. LOL

I would think a double-wide cradle, for twins, would not work
great. I'm thinking one kid would keep the other awake, or wahe him/her
up if asleep - no experience with two at a time, so I don't know that
for a fact. I would think a double-long cradle would work better in
that respect - but, again, I don't know, so your choice. I don't think
I would recommend a triple-long cradle.

If you've got triplets, and are Hell-bent on a cradle, I would
think separate cradles would be the only realistic answer. But, I
suppose a triple-wide would work. If you make a pendulum type tho, I'd
make damn sure it was make Hell-stout - no sense makeing one, then
having it break.

One option, for twins, is one of the rocking chairs, with a cradle
on the side. You could then rock one kid in the cradle, and hold one.
A cradle on each side would be appealing, except for the room it would
take up, so you could put a kid in each cradle, then you relax in the
rocker, and rock the two kids in the cradles. That could work for
triplets too, two in the cradles, hold one. There's pictures of
authentic (old) cradle rockers on the web, and plans too. I'll check,
and post a picture or two later, if I run across any.

My option for a cradle, if I was forced into it, would be a
knock-down cradle. There's plans out there for them, or you could
always make some up. I wouldn't use one that takes bolts, or any other
type of fasteners. Remember, google is your friend.

JOAT
If it ain't broke, don't lend it.
- Red Green