John Rumm

Default Single LV light on dimmer

wrote:

It has been suggested that the problem is being caused by having too
little load on the dimmer switch i.e. they work more effectively when
loaded closer to the 250W maximum.

I don't have an answer to your question, but can report the same
problem. I installed a four lamp track light on a dimmer (all bought
from TLC) and got the same result when I tested it with a single bulb
in. Two bulbs were better but still not right, and three or more worked
fine. Must admist I had assumed it was a problem with the mostly
unloaded 250W transformer I was using, rather than being down to the
dimmer though.

--
Cheers,

John.