mm

Default Honeywell RTH8500 install....

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:44:10 -0700, "SQLit" wrote:

"midnight" wrote in message

switching from an old Honeywell T87F (dial type) thermostat.... on the
old tstat it was:

Wire - Terminal
Red - R
White - W
Green - G
Yellow - Y
Grey - B (but this wire wasn't connected to the transformer on the
other end)...

And I think they are saying you shouldn't have connected it.

Was the new stat compatible with the system? Time for a VOM and check
voltage. If the transformer is not putting out then you will need a new
transformer as well.

When my furnace/AC was about 5 years old, the AC stopped working. I
traced it to the transformer and went to a supply store where they
said it was part of the control panel and was about 200 dollars.

I whined a bit and he offered me a plain transformer for about 10
dollars,.

It looks sort of funny mounted elsewhere inside the furace but it's
been working for more than 20 years.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.