PipeDown

Default Dryer vent routing across basement ceiling

Use a vent cap with a flap. I find the plastic screens that come with them
just collect more lint.

A properly functioning drier will blow its thermal fuse if the vent becomes
blocked but I have seen lint buildup fearfully close to heating coils.
Driers definately require regular maintenence. clean the vent hose and the
area inside just beyond the filter (they have special brushes or you can
just vacuum with a crevice tool)

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yeah I was assuming a galvanized 4" tube, it will run about 25 feet. Do
I need some kind of animal-proof wire on the exit?

My other question is whether to drill a 4" hole in the blocks, or try
to squeeze it in through the wood that's on top of that. I know the hot
water vent and sump pipes go straight through the block.

Thanks,

Dean