dean

Default Dryer vent routing across basement ceiling

Hello all,

I pulled my dryer vent duct in the basement away from the wall, only to
find that since the deck was built outside (previous owner), the vent
exist was blanked off with a galvanize sheet of waterproofing! (damned
f*%$wits)

So I want to redirect the vent outside now, so it stops blowing into my
basment! (LOL I was wondering what all thet fluff was on my basement
walls!)

I want it to go perpendicular to the floor joists, hanging down just
below them. Is this an OK scenario? It will exit through a 4" hole in
the wall. Do I need to protect the vent from anything? I'm just not
sure what the code requirements are.

Thanks for any tips,

Dean
ps its a gas fired dryer.