Geir Holmavatn

Default Service mode with Car radios...?

Hi,

Do new (year 2005) car radios have a service mode for some basic
configuration?

I posted a question here some weeks ago about reconfiguring a car radio in a
US made car (US FM band standard) to the European FM band (with narrower
channel selection).

I have dismantled the radio and checked which components were in the tuner.
It is a Philips TEA6848H, (data he
http://www.kuntigi.net/download/Phil...io-circuit.pdf

This circuit is capable of tuning both US and European FM bands and I'm just
curious if car radios nowadays have some kind of 'service-mode' which enable
simple programming of parameters like regional radio standards and channel
spacing etc..

If any of you have heard of something like that, I would appreciate
information on how to invoke service mode and which parameters are
programmable. The radio in question came in a new Dodge truck. The radio
model label plate and tuner images can be founde he
http://www.kuntigi.net/download/car-radio.html

Thanks for *any' information which might be helpful in having this box
correctly tune the narrow European FM channels.

regards

Geir