Jim S

Default Behringer Vintager GM110 guitar amp problem!

marsupialman wrote:
Thanks to both of you for your helpful posts! John's right: there are no
tubes in this amp; it's designed to replicate various tube amp sounds.
Which it does remarkably well for the money.

So... yikes... sounds like it's gonna cost me a lot to get it sorted...

But I'll follow John's advice and see what happens. What a great forum!
Thanks again guys.

Porky Wrote:
-

I bought a new Vintager GM110 via eBay about a year ago. When the amp
is switched on and my guitar plugged in, there is no output noise

Hi, I'm no regular here butt... I can tell you there are no tubes in
this amp. It appears to have blown a major component which will
involve
pulling the chassis, searching a mass of tiny components and
soldering.
You can use the FX loop to test your output transistors. Plug another
amp or even a CD player or radio, turned down way low, into the return
jack. Report the result here.

John Kogel

--
marsupialman

Hi Marsupialman. Sorry to hear about your amp trouble! The advice
John gives (above) is exactly what I would recommend: Send a
known-good signal to the effects return. This will bypass all of the
input/preamp electronics and present the signal straight to the output
stage. If you still have no output using this test, I would expect to
find a bad power IC or other failed component somewhere in the output
stage.

If you are in need of an authorized repair center, just drop me a line
or give me a call using my contact information below. I'll get you in
touch with the nearest one and get you an estimate. We have over 40
service centers in the US. If you are not in the USA, we have service
centers all over the world and I can assist you in choosing the best
one for your needs.

One last thought: if the unit was purchased in the 12 months, you
should have some remaining warranty coverage from the eBay seller.

Best Regards,

Jim Savery
Global Customer Service & Support Manager
BEHRINGER Group
Tel: +01-425-672-0816 x 111
Direct Dial: +01-425-939-3216
Fax: +01-425-673-7647