Default Musing about our dealings with vendors. (long & verbose)

If Craft Supplies cant supply your needs them complain cos we only
supply what they order from us. Or use our web site to order
axminster.co.uk
ebd wrote:
Arch,

Here is a little twist on your discourse. I refuse to purchase from
vendors that I feel are dishonest (for example Comp-USA). I'm very
reluctant to buy from vendors who provide poor or no support. I also
try to buy the best quality that I can afford, within reason. I had
what I thought were service problems with a certain vendor 2 out of 3
orders and decided to write them off. I even posted my displeasure. I
eventually went back to them because they were the only source for a
particular brand. Once again a problem. However, I realized that all
of the bad experiences came when I ordered a particular brand. The
single order that had nothing from that brand was perfect. Ahhhhh.
This time I gave the vendor the benefit of the doubt. I gave them time
and they had to hound the manufacturer over 6 months to get the problem
resolved. They never gave up. So now I have the opposite dilemma.
The vendor is great, it's the manufacturer of the high quality brand
that's the jerk. My problem is that I have 3 chucks of that brand and
6 sets of jaws. I had intended to keep buying chucks till I had each
jaw set permanetly mounted. Now, even though I still consider the
product best I don't trust the manufacturer. By the way, Craft
Supplies is the great vendor that I had unfairly complained about in
the past. Axminster is the company that produces a wonderful chuck and
every jaw conceivable BUT at least in the US does not support it's
products.