B Man

Default Canadian woodworking tool websites?

I'll offer one up: www.tegstools.com. They offer quite a range of
powertools .

As for www.rockler or www.woodcraft.com - I've ordered twice from woodcraft
(a shaker box making kit) during the summer. Through no fault of Woodcraft,
it seemed to take forever for it to show up. I paid $9 in duty at the door.
The second time around, it was $7 to the guy at the door. I do know
however, that if customs opens your package for inspection, they charge you
$8 plus the duty for they joy of having them route through your package and
delay your receipt of same. Bunch of crooks.

Brian

"TomWoodman" wrote in message
www.kmstools.com
www.busybee.com for budget priced tools
there are more.... I have dealt with all of these except sawshop.
Don't bother ordering from US sites unless you absolutely can't find it in
Canada, although there are a few rare exceptions. The shipping cost alone
will drive the price above the Canadian retail price in most cases. If
you do order from US be sure to specify US Postal Service. They normally
dont charge brokerage but ONCE IN A WHILE they may ding you 5 bucks...
seems to be a random charge. If the store send it by UPS or some other
courier service, the carrier automatically slaps on a minimum brokerage
charge of about $35. Duty is usually 6% .
"Quentin" wrote in message
I'm looking for websites to research Canadian prices on woodworking
tools.

So far I have found:
www.houseoftools.com
www.leevalley.com
www.thesawshop.com
www.bosstoolsupply.com

Are there any others?

Also, do any Canadians out there have experience with ordering from
www.rockler.com or www.woodcraft.com? What is shipping/duty/brokerage
like? Do you know of any other American sites that ship to Canada?

Quentin.