no(SPAM)vasys

Default Making a full size door

Salmo wrote:
I want to build a full size raised panel door (I'm using pine). Search as I
might I haven't found a site that could offer step by step instructions, nor
have I seen it in any magazine. Seems like everything about building doors
focuses on cabinet or cupboard doors!

Unlike a raised panel cabinet door the full sized door would be raised on
both sides. So - here's what I've been told...

- "Thickness plane the wood to 1 3/8"" (done and all the pieces are the
sane thickness and width for the rails)

I assume that I was told 1 3/8th because a.) it seems to be a standard size
and b.) because if the rails are
routed from both sides and the bit is the right depth the middle will be
just right to accept the raised panels.

Am I on the right track??

Any help appreciated...

Thanks Keeter P.