Jim

Default Sears table saw help

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Michael wrote:

I have a (113.298762) Sears table saw.

I would imagine the design is much the same as any.

My question is....

I'm having constant problems with the alignment on the 2 pulleys for the
drive belt.

One pulley is on the motor and the other on the saw blade shaft and they
always move out of place after a while and cause the saw to make alot of
racket.

When they are in line....the saw is very quiet.

First of all......(don't laugh)......are those keys supposed to be in the
slots on each shaft?.....because I know that's what ends up moving
around,
the key.

These keys are angled and I don't get the design because they are bound
slip no matter how hard I tighten.

Don't understand -- angled where? The keys are square stock.

Can anyone put me in the right direction with this or have a fix?

Probably the problem is they are cheap cast pulleys that are both not
quite balanced and have bores that are larger than necessary and
probably also not quite round. Consequently, they don't fit well as
they should and vibration gradually loosens them. They then run loose
for a while and that causes more wear which exacerbates the problem and
so it goes...

If they are, in fact, a set of these cast pulleys, finding a replacement
set of machined ones will probably fix the problem permanently.

And, a place that works on electric motors is apt to have just what you
need. All keys I have ever seen are square, and, yes, you definitely need
them.
Jim