BobS

Default Cabinet Flat Panel Door - Modification

Marc,

Without getting destructive and removing the panel, try to see if she wood
like some applied moldings to the panel to give it some depth. You could
also glue/screw on a raised panel over that flat panel.

If you're going to remove the panel and replace it with glass, then set up
your router table and fence to route the inside edge off and finish the
corners with a chisel. This now gives you an edge for the glass. Add some
inside molding or glass clips/turnstile thingy's to hold the glass in place.
Be sure to use a tempered glass so if it breaks, no one gets sliced and
diced.

Bob S.

"Marc" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there,

I've been building a bathroom vanity with 3/4" baltic birch for our
mater bathroom. I've almost complete the project and my wife doesn't
like the flat panel cabinet door. I was thinking I could some how cut
out the center and install a glass insert. Can this be done with a
table saw?