Harry K

Default Modifying snowblower

klp1 wrote:
I have an old Craftsman snowblower (10hp, 32 in. swath) and would like
to change its drive from a track system to tires. I have a small, flat
driveway so the treads are unnecessary and burdensome (and costly - a
new tread is $102). From the little information I can find online (I
don't have an owners' manual) this wouldn't require any internal
modification. However, does anyone know or have an idea if any
external modification is necessary? The shaft comes out to a sprocket
that attached by chain to a larger sprocket/drive wheel assembly.
Could the shaft be used as an axle for the new wheel/tire as is?

No. Even using small wheels, the rotational speed would be too high.
You would probably have to be almost running to keep up with it.

Harry K