Default TV turns itself OFF and back ON

chibitul wrote:
I have an 8-year old Panasonic TV that I repaired recently thanks to
nice people in the group. thanks again!

Now after about 2 months or so the TV started to turn itself OFF and
back ON. It did this maybe once a day, then twice, now this evening did
4 or 5 times.

It stays OFF for about 2 minutes, but I didn't check to see if it is 2
minutes even. I tried to reset it (unplugged everything for a day). I
did not set the clock, and I turn the timer off. I don't know what else
to do. I noticed that when it comes back ON it displays the menu on the
screen (setup, timer, picture, etc). Also while it is OFF you cannot
turn it back ON. I tried both the remote and the switch in the front,
no go. It's just dead, but I think I hear some noise inside, almost
like the TV would be ON without picture.

snip----

sounds like the micro may be confused, or there is a broken trace on
the pcb near the clock/data bus lines. maybe the crystal is poorly
soldered??
-B.