View Single Post
  #6   Report Post  

Don’t know where you are located but if you are in California there is some good news. Didn’t look like it form your pics. California requires all manufactures that distribute electrical/electronic products in the state to provide either (a) on-site warranty service, or (b) arrange and pay for pick up and delivery, for any item that is large and/or heavy such that a single person cannot reasonable move it themselves. In California, Delta is responsible to come to your place and picking up the saw or repairing it were it sits, or Delta must buy it back at the full cost that you paid for it.

This is an opportunity to mention that every state has different laws regarding warranties. Everyone should know their state’s laws. Federal law prohibits any manufacture of goods from arbitrarily limiting the ‘fitness’ of a product they sell (including refurb’d), or from disclaiming liability for incidental damages, i.e. if a $300 piece of teak is ruined due to a defect with a warantied machine, the manufacture can be made to compensate you for that piece of wood. Everyone should also review the federal Magnuson Moss Act, the federal law regarding warranties, liability, etc, but it also varies by state.

Greg - so, was the $250 savings worth (a) a peen’d motor spindle, (b) a wonky tilt adjustment shaft, (c) no birth certificate (serial number), (d) your 10-mile drive, (e) you having to unload and move around that critter, (f) photocopy of a manual, and (g) no parts diagram? You were told in your other thread you could get the same saw, BRAND NEW, with the ext table and mobile base, delivered to your shop for only $250 more.

On the last page of your photocopied manual should be instructions to use WD-40 and a 3M Scotch Brite blending hand pad on the table surface before using. Obviously won’t take out the tooling marks but it goes a long way to smoothing the surface. Don’t know but I would guess it knocks down micro burrs. They also say to use Top Cote on the table, you decide.

In your pic #9 – I don’t have a clue what that weird-assed bracket is. I have the same saw, just checked, nothing similar to it anywhere in mine.

Don't know what blade you got but the std Delta blade is part # 34-105. It's printed on the blade.

Btw, very nice shop you've put together.