Nehmo

Default NEC 2005 Handbook

- Nehmo –
If you want to be technical, I just provided a hash of a pdf of the
handbook, something which until now nobody has claimed a copyright

to.
But hereby do so now. I might as well. You have my permission to

copy
it.

- ehsjr -
You just change things around to try to force fit a square peg
into a round hole. Here are your words from 10/30 at 1:48 :
"In any case, if you want a free copy of the Handbook, you now
should know how to get it." Your intent is absolutely clear,
and it is equally clear that it violates copyright.

- Nehmo –
Of course I want people who want it to get copy of the NEC handbook [1].
I don’t recognize the copyright either. And I have further views on the
subject. But again, in this instance, I simply posted a brief hash of a
pdf. Posting ed2k links is not considered to be violating copyrights. If
you have a case or a law that says otherwise, I challenge you to cite
it.

Even websites that are extremely sensitive to copyright trouble allow
ed2k links. Afterdawn http://www.afterdawn.com/, comes to mind.
There are also many websites that publish ed2k links.
http://www.google.com/search?&q=ed2k . It’s really a somewhat obsolete
technology now that the faster but similar torrents are around. And by
the way, how much of internet traffic is torrent related? Please let us
know what you come up with.

Anyway, you don’t like people getting the handbook, don’t like me
posting the link, you accuse me of writing drivel, etc. So those who
agrees with you can ignore the link.

[1] I’m tired of people asking “What does NEC say on ….”

--