Jasen Betts

Default Source For LED Panels (See Design)

["Followup-To:" header set to sci.electronics.misc.]
On 2005-10-29, Steve TR wrote:
I appreciate the advice.

I actually already have 2 of these "drop in" bayonet replacements and while
they are okay for the "casual user" (lol) I'm quite picky and don't want to
look like the rest of the import kiddies with the funky looking LED tail
lamps only lighting up in small spots.

I'm willing to spend $$$ for this project so I can get a correct look and it
seems a flat panel filling the entire area behind the lense will work
wonderfully. Aside from someone's time, I wouldn' think it would be all
that expensive... You can buy generic blank PCBs and a box of LEDs and
solder away. I just suck at soldering. LOL

a task like this would be good way to gain skills.

start with some perfboard (circuit board with lits of holes and no
cobnecteions made between them) figure out your LED layout stick the leds in
then join them up by the bits that stick out the back

by the time you've done the few thousand solder joins your design wants
you'll be an expert.

--

Bye.
Jasen