James Sweet

Default what is the best diagnostic card for notebook computer?

Mike Berger wrote:
According to the web site, none of them actually do anything.
Apparently they just sit on the laptop keyboard and read out
random numbers. Don't waste your money.

Without a standard CPU bus, how would you build a diagnostic
card for laptops?

Isn't PCMCIA essentially an ISA bus? I suppose a diagnostic card could
be made, but laptops are not particularly modular, I've always found it
easier to just remove any accessories, swap the RAM out, if it's still
acting up then the problem is likely the motherboard in which case
there's not much that can be done.