Mike Marlow

Default Initial review of the Delta Left Tilt Unisaw w 50" Beismeyer - refurb - (LONG)

"Greg G." wrote in message

Well guys, lunacy got the better of me and I drove down to the local
Industrial Machinery dealer to look at REAL table saws. I've had
enough of the warped table, 30" fence, noisy motor, and crappy cuts on
my cheap old contractor saw.

Argh! Thanks for the experience Greg. What a shame to have to put up with
some of the workmanship issues that came packaged in that box. I don't care
what a saw sells for new, or that it's reconditioned - $1200 is still $1200,
no matter how you cut it. At that price I would expect quality. With that
name, I would expect quality. You're too forgiving with your willingness to
take on some of the issues yourself - bent shaft, sharp edges, etc. Or
maybe I'm not forgiving enough, but I would have expected better quality
than that for the money.

I'm sure it's far better than your "cheap old contractor saw", and it will
probably sit well in the middle of the floor when it's all done, but this
kind of stuff makes it a slower path to that satisfaction of going out there
just before bed time and turning on the lights just one more time for a
quick look.

All the same - congratulations on making one of those long awaited
purchases.

--

-Mike-