Default GFI Outlet-Where?

Dick wrote:
We are redoing our kitchen & I want to put in GFI outlets (house is 30 yrs
old) in the kitchen. I believe I have read that that one GFI outlet in a
circuit will protect the whole circuit.....If this is true, can the GFI
outlet be installed in any of the kitchen outlets (as long as it's the same
circuit) or the first one.....closest to the breaker box? How do determine
which one (that will protect the whole circuit) or should I just go ahead &
pull all GFI outlets near the sink?

Do yourself a favor and spend $30-$60 on a residential NEC how-to book
to get your kitchen up to 2005 code. Your town inspector will smile.