ehsjr

Default NEC 2005 Handbook

Nehmo wrote:
- ehsjr -

Irrelevant.
Nehmo is offering the NEC *handbook*. The *handbook* is *NOT*
the standard. It includes far more than just the NEC code.

- Nehmo –
If you want to be technical, I just provided a hash of a pdf of the
handbook, something which until now nobody has claimed a copyright to.
But hereby do so now. I might as well. You have my permission to copy
it.

You just change things around to try to force fit a square peg
into a round hole. Here are your words from 10/30 at 1:48 :
"In any case, if you want a free copy of the Handbook, you now
should know how to get it." Your intent is absolutely clear,
and it is equally clear that it violates copyright.

The Veeck decisions http://www.gtwassociates.com/answers/veeck.htm are
relevant because this discussion has turned to issue of publishing works
that have been adopted by states as law.

Wrong. The NEC Handbook has not been adopted anywhere, is not
of itself a standard and is copyright protected. Veeck does not
apply.

There is a fundamental principle he

Yes - you are stealing. The work that you are making available
to others has nothing to do with the drivel below.

Someone under the command of a
law should be able to freely access the law, so he or she can find out
what the command is. You don’t agree with that?

That is *NOT* the issue. The issue is the illegal violation
of a copyright for a work that has nothing to do with Veeck;
a work that is not a standard; a work that cannot be adopted
as law.

Ed