Harry K

Default Trees/best deal to have removed

wrote:
Hi, this will seem like sacrilege to some, but I have too many trees in
my yard, an unusual number that is - 20+ full size trees in a 0.4 acre
backyard. One is a big oak tree (3 foot trunk) but the arborist says
the base of the trunk is partly eaten away. Another medium sized oak
in back is stronger but half of it extends over my house. Got some
others, a pin oak, maple, a beech.

Am I delusional or would someone offer me money for these, either for
veneer or lumber or firewood ? I'm in the midwest US.

Thge other thought is to put a wood stove into the fireplace and offset
the natural gas bills next year after the wood dries.

Thank you.

By the time you buy or rent tools to cut it up (or pay to have it
done), pay for the stove/chimney/hearth etc. You will lose money big
time to use it as firewood. Wood heat only saves money if you do it
over a several year span. My wood stove (installed 1981) has paid for
itself, several chainsaws and 3 hi-mileage used pickups. The health
benefits of the excercise I get are a bonus.

Harry K