Jeff Wisnia

Default Ceiling drywall thickness - how to tell?

All Thumbs wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

I'm puzzled by your question, but maybe I'm not reading it correctly.

I presume that if you're asking that question it's because the
"ceiling drywalls" are already in place so you can't measure their
thickness directly.

If that's the case, why do you need screws? Is it sagging down in some
places and you want to try and correct that with some more screws?

I made the mistake of stepping onto the "floor" while in the attic and
as a result got a few popped-out nails.

Well, If you stepped on it in the attic, then you should be able to see
if there are any wires or pipes running through whatever joists or
strapping you need to screw into, and keep away from them if there are.

So just grab a few screws about 1-1/2" long and start screwing.

Glad you didn't fall right through. :-)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia