clifto

Default Electric Outlets - Hot and Neutral Reversed

wrote:
Phil Munro wrote:
My memory of those 5-tube jobs is that the chassis was NOT connected
directly to the line. Rather the line connection as ground was a
floating one, and there was a 0.1 uF capacitor between the true ground
and the chassis ground.

I agree Phil. The All American was the one that didn't have the hot
chassis.

I beg to differ. I worked on enough of them to know. I also nearly killed
myself when I modified one to make a cheap guitar amplifier out of it,
and touched my strings and a radiator at the same time.

12AV6, 12BA6, 12BE6, 35W4 and 50C5 IIRC.

If you had a good one, it was hard to find a place where you could touch
the chassis or anything hot; plastic knobs, etc. protected the user.