kip

Default RCA DLP Info wanted.

You are ASC...!!!!!!!!.
You best start reading Thomson,s Trouble Shooting Guide.
Have fun..

kip

"Skype_man" wrote in message
Lets try this again!

Bad question, I know. Does RCA have a DLP problem?

Just got two 50" units in.....not 50 units!!

Only out by one number in their serial number. Example:

1234567AB, & 1234567AC. One dead right out of the
box, the other dead, after not much use. They were made
in Feb 2005. Called Tech support, we are ASC. One guy
said: Light engine bad, which is about $ 1,800 can, another
Tech said: Lamp bad, about $ 250 can. What's a Tech to
do? I haven't even seen a partially working unit yet, to know
what it sounds like when starting up, & running. How can you
test a DLP lamp? There expensive, & you can't measure them,
to be sure? Can you set up a test jig, to test the lamps?
Sky.