Dave Plowman (News)

Default Battery load test

In article .com,
wrote:
Does anyone know what the proper load would be to do
this and also the minimum terminal voltage I should expect to read on a
fully charged battery while the battery is loaded in such a way? Is
there a specification for how long the load should be connected before
you read the voltage and ultimately assess the quality of the battery?
Thanks very much, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

Normal way to check is to discharge is at the 20 hour rate - ie 1/20th of
the nominal capacity. So with a 20 amp/hr battery you'd load it at 1 amp.
Terminal voltage should be 10.8, IIRC.

--
*I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.