scott

Default do you use a sharpening jig???

i completely agree with george....tho if you asked me 2 weeks ago i
might have said otherwise. having always prided myself on freehand
sharpening, it took realizing that i have a bunch of $ invested in
turning toiols that someone designed with a specific grind. to alter
that grind will produce less than optimum resulsts so i broke down and
bought a slow speed grinder and the Oneway Wolverine system weith the
Vari-grind (or whatever the thing is called) attachemnt. I've since
realized that all of my tools are better ground and as george said, you
waste very little steel - there is even something i just read that
says,"grind a little, and grind often" - as i said earlier in another
post, after being a semi-serious turner for over 30 years (and what I'd
call pretty serious) for the last 4 - this system was well worht the
small investment. Buy 2 or 3 good gouges and you've paid for the whole
rig.