The Natural Philosopher

Default Resistance per Meter for copper cable (R1+R2)

wrote:

Hi Andy

The values were just picked out of the air by the lecturer, it was so
that the class could work through correction factors, finding out Zs,
fault currents and selecting cable sizes.
I think he left out all the details so that our poor little brains
don't overload :-), but the values he used cause more problem in the
end.

Thanks for information, helps move class room knowledge to the real
world (Even if the above example would never happen).

Leigh

In my yoof, I was taught to calculate deflections on rolled steel beams.

Years later, I worked out thta the cost of calculating the size I
required was greater in terms of my time than getting the 'big **** off
beam that is no way ever going to bend' from the steel merchant..

...and anyway, my architect had a table of deflections for standard beams
per ton per unit length squared...;-)

I just add this to make sure you get the course work in perspective...