Dave

Default Removing/replacing steering column in Renault Espace

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Just disconnecting the electrics might just set it off! Although
mostly harmless, as is a firework is, given the wrong set of
circumstances both can become potentially lethal devices - and we
haven't even started to talk about the mobile guillotine that some
self tensioning seatbelts can become....

Having read your thoughts about batteries exploding and Dave Plowman's
recommendation of your experience...

Does the above still apply after the battery is disconnected?

You have now worried me about the guillotine effect of the self
tightening seat belts. Please explain.

I ask the two questions, as I used to work on fast military jets that
had ejection seats. I was never happy about them and they also had many
bits of explosive devices accompanying.

Dave