Pet

Default Earth Bonding Query.

Andy Wade wrote:

snip
For further (fairly technical) background on why the wiring regulations are
as they are I recommend Paul Cook's Commentary - see
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0852962371/ (and note the updates
published at http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/updates.cfm).

HTH

Thanks for your time Andy.
My concern arose after getting a 120v shock from our microwave oven
whilst leaning against the stainless drainer to remove some blinds.

The socket the Microwave was plugged into had a fractured Neutral (not
connected) so, the 120v from the microwave case screw could have been
far greater than a "tingle" if the sink had been bonded?

And, If it were bonded, would such a neutral fault/shock have tripped
the RCD? as on this occasion it didn't.

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!