Doug McLaren

Default Advice Please: Cheap Meter Recommendations

In article .com,
wrote:

| My second of two Fluke 8060A meters turned out to be crap(just like the
| first), and it is becoming obvious that I just need to buy a cheap
| meter with basic functions.
|
| Can I get recommendations?(Reliablilty being the number one criteria).

It sounds like cheap is the #1 criteria ...

If so, go down to your local Harbor Freight Tools, and find their
digitial meter that's usually on sale for $2.99, and buy 10 of them.

I suspect I'll get a lot of flack for even suggesting them, but I've
had nothing but good results from them. I've found them to be
accurate within 1% and I've never had one break except when they were
physically abused.

And at $3 each, I can have them all over the house, and if I do break
one, just throw it away.

Mostly I use them to do low voltage DC measurements, low amperage
measurements and simple resistance checks, and they work extremely
well for that. They don't have the features that better models have
(like true RMS) but they're pretty good, and awesome for the price.

--
Doug McLaren,
Let's organize this thing and take all the fun out of it.