Mike Berger

Default cheap router bits

I bought one of the Columbian assortments. I didn't have high
expectations, but the total cost was around $ 2 each, and they're
good for practicing with different types of bits on scrap wood.
I'd rather sacrifice a $ 2 bit to learn rather than dulling a
$ 40 bit before I can use it properly.

Mike O. wrote:

I swear that all of the dull bits we sent to the sharpener were
sharper than the brand new VA right out of the box. The bit was
cheap at $16 but that was about $15 too much and that's only if the
bearing is worth a buck. We could have driven another ten miles and
poked around in the display case with all of the shiny blue Bosch
bits.

I don't know why I do that kinda stuff!!!