Guido

Default The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street

On 31 Oct 2005 13:06:51 -0800, "tillius"
wrote:

You know what - I sure will give up ever cent of my social security
that exceeds the amount that I was forced to contribute at a
rediculously conservative rate of 4% growth compounted annually.
Beyond that, I don't want a dime.

While it is a moot question whether the origin of
any kind of property is derived from Nature at all ...
it is considered by those who have seriously considered
the subject, that no one has, of natural right, a
separate property in an acre of land ... Stable
ownership is the gift of social law, and is given
late in the progress of society.
Thomas Jefferson

Private property ... is a Creature of Society, and is
subject to the Calls of that Society, whenever its
Necessities shall require it, even to its last Farthing,
its contributors therefore to the public Exigencies are
not to be considered a Benefit on the Public, entitling
the Contributors to the Distinctions of Honor and Power,
but as the Return of an Obligation previously received,
or as payment for a just Debt.
Benjamin Franklin