F. George McDuffee

Default The End of Pensions -- But Keep Voting for Republicans as You Spend Your Golden Years in a Cardboard Box on the Street

Cliff et al.

It is not the Demopublicans or the Republocrats -- it is the
system.

As Townsand wisely observed in his book "Up the Organization," --
never attempt the impossible as you are bound to fail.

Operationally we have attempted to create a financial perpetual
motion machine, whereby an endless stream of [real] income will
be generated with no further effort on our part. This is just as
impossible in the holistic economic sense as in the physical
sense, and the US citizens are about to pay the price for
attempting it.

While there are some moral/ethical implications, it appears that
the movers and shakers have realized the rapidly approaching
crackup and are getting as much out as they can before everything
goes down the tubes.

Company pensions are only a part, albeit a large part, of the
problem. The implosion of the real estate bubble will make the
dot com [con?] bubble seem like chump change.

Why do I keep hearing "apres moi la deluge" as Allen Greenspan
edges closer to the door?

GmcD

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 07:41:06 -0500, Cliff
wrote:

On 30 Oct 2005 12:58:42 -0800, "Artie" wrote:

The End of Pensions
By ROGER LOWENSTEIN
Published: October 30, 2005

huge snip