SQLit

Default Best month of the year to get Central Heat and Air installed?

"Aaron" wrote in message
ups.com...
I live in Texas, and I am currently using A/C window units and gas
stoves. I am looking into having central air put in before next
summer. I know in Texas, summer in the most expensive time to put
central air in. Is there a cheapest time to do it?

Also, would it be wise to do the duct work myself to save some money.
I think I will need 6 or 7 registers. Also, do I need a register in my
bathroom?

Thanks,
Aaron

I would GUESS that right after the Christmas season for about 30-60 days
would be a good time to approach contractors.

Find a contractor that will do the manual calculations for ya. One
calculation is for sizing and the other is for air flow. Installing
ductwork is not rocket science and is done wrong or improperly most of the
time. Just guessing at the needs of your home might produce poor results,
or to much money spent by you.

I would for sure make sure that the bathroom has a register. I tend to put
more air into bathrooms than most people. Sure helps cut down on mold and
mildew.