Pop

Default Easy question: I hope re water heaters

Thanks, but, the problem as I said is that there is no handle or
other mechanism I can see to do those tests shown there. I
posted an addition with pics yesterday to show what I have.

"Bill" wrote in message
: Here is some information about these valves...
:
: Testing the Temperature and Pressure Relief Valve...
:
http://ask.bairdwarner.com/content/R...?ASK=3.386.231
:
: The Temperature/Pressure Relief Valve...
: http://www.myguardian.com/code/tpr/tpr.htm
:
: Might want to consider solar if thinking of replacing the water
heater...
:
http://www.toolbase.org/techinv/tech...chnologyID=112
:
:
:
:
: "Pop" wrote in message
: Do all water heaters have a pressure relief valve of the type
: with the handle to test them?
: Ours is an oil-fired unit, works great, I drain out hte
crud
: approxumately monthly, give or take.
: I was looking at the pressure relief valve today: There is
no
: mechanical way of opening or testing it. It doesn't look
like
: anything has been removed or jerry-rigged; I'm pretty sure
it's
: the original part, unmodified. But there's no handle or pin
or
: anything to see if it works or if it's plugged, whatever.
: A quick check via Google didn't show me anything that
looked
: like mine, so thought I'd see what experience here might say.
:
: Should I be looking into this further? I can provide a
picture
: if necessary - didn't think about taking a pic until just
now.
:
: TIA,
:
: Pop
: ---
: No one should ever have to unsubscribe
: from a list they did not intentionally
: subscribe to.
:
:
: