Joseph Meehan

Default What to use to drill hole in steel door?

wrote:
What do i use to drill a hole in steel door for the knob?
I got a hole saw, but the steel (tin) will destroy the teeth on it.
I know the inside of the door is wood, but the outer covering is
metal. The only way I can see is to drill about 50 small holes around
the needed circle size, but that seems like a pain.

Any suggestions?

While cheap hole saws are just that, really cheap, I would think that
even they could drill a hole through the "steel" with little problem. Most
of them have trouble drilling through the wood. The "steel" of those doors
is about as tough as aluminum foil. I agree, with the others however, start
by buying a good saw.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit